Elementor is a drag-and-drop page builder plugin for WordPress. This indicates a number of things:
– Elementor lets you develop original-looking articles as well as web pages that are distinct, compared to the basic post/page themes that include your WordPress motif.
– You get a 100% separate interface to work with your posts and also pages– the mass of your job does not take place in the standard block editor that comes with WordPress.
– It does not need any kind of HTML/CSS/PHP/ coding abilities– everything can be done via a convenient user-facing interface.
– It deals with the front end of your site, meaning it shows you the outcomes of your job right now in a real ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ way.
– You can use it to develop any content design or web page layout you can envision– regardless of what your existing WordPress motif allows you to do.
– And also, most importantly, it deals with all WordPress motifs, so you can keep your existing style and also still get all of the goodies Elementor comes with.
Placing it all with each other, the main benefit of using Elementor is that you can create remarkable page layouts/designs, even if you’re not a professional neither have any kind of experience with site building.
This is especially vital if you’re on a limited budget and don’t intend to work with any individual to aid you with the website.
That do it yourself concept seems to resonate with users a lot. At the time of creating, more than 3 million(!) WordPress web sites had actually Elementor mounted and active. That’s an astonishing number, and it simply goes to show that Elementor has actually really taken the internet by storm.
Allow’s take a look right into a few of one of the most fascinating features of Elementor’s, one by one:
Attributes and also Benefits
First, there’s the main web page structure performance itself. We’re mosting likely to talk about that in a minute.
There are greater than 90 content elements/modules to choose from– pictures, headings, switches, slide carousels, counters, development bars, testimonies as well as more.
Many points work with drag-and-drop– you can take any type of component as well as move it to a brand-new spot simply by dragging it across the screen.
The pages are all mobile-responsive and also SEO-friendly.
There’s a library of pre-made web page layouts that can be imported and also customized. At the time of creating, there were 150-plus totally free and 300-plus professional themes offered. Furthermore, you can conserve your own templates.
If you’re on the Pro version of Elementor, you can use the Style Builder function, which allows you to change your theme’s core components, such as the header, footer, single post design template, or your blog archives.
Finally, there’s also a totally brand-new WooCommerce Contractor module. It resembles Style Builder, yet this permits you to redo all of your default WooCommerce web pages, such as your single item page or item archive.
As I discussed earlier, the core performance of the plugin is to allow you to develop, fine-tune and adjust your pages freely– and after that see the result of that in real-time.
That live preview attribute implies you do not need to question what your page is mosting likely to resemble when published (which is the basic situation with indigenous WordPress web pages that are very theme-dependent).
So, what can you do exactly? Initially, Elementor enables you to benefit from several content elements/modules (more than 90 of them), which you can place anywhere on the page. You can after that reposition those elements with the aforementioned drag-and-drop support.
The available content aspects include headings, images, message paragraphs, videos, switches, dividers, spacers, symbols, image galleries and also slide carousels, counters, testimonials, social media icons, shortcodes, as well as a great deal much more. Likewise, you get to use whatever widgets you already have on your WordPress site.
Aside from that, Elementor provides you accessibility to display setups. This is where you can change the histories, margins and also extra padding worths, default shades, typefaces, and so on.
In addition to that, there’s a complete alteration background, suggesting you can return to a previous version of the page (in case you messed something up and also don’t understand exactly how to repair it).
Last, however definitely not the very least, Elementor gives you complete control over what your page resembles on desktop computer, tablet and mobile.
Using those tiny toggles, you can switch over to and fro between gadgets, as well as change the fine details to make the page appearance great everywhere.
Okay, to maintain this Elementor review factual, I need to most likely discuss there’s a Pro version readily available too. However you do not truly require it to appreciate, state, 90% of Elementor’s awesomeness– honestly!
The primary plugin is available by means of the main WordPress repository (get it here). There are no concealed prices or signups/registrations needed. It just works!
Currently, concerning that Pro edition. Granted, it does feature some fascinating things that power users will appreciate:
50- plus additional content elements/modules.
300- plus extra web page layouts.
Style Building contractor (the module where you can change the headers as well as footers of your existing style).
WooCommerce Contractor (the component that enables you do rebuild your WooCommerce item web pages).
Popup Home builder (a component where you can build pop-ups as well as have them integrated with either an opt-in form or some special offer/discount).
Aesthetic Form Builder (comes with assimilations with prominent advertising tools).
You can create International Widgets and afterwards reuse them throughout the website.
Include personalized CSS to any type of Elementor block.
Deploy Elementor elements in sidebars as well as widgets.
Here’s the present prices of Elementor Pro:
This is a yearly registration, so you likewise obtain 24/7 support as well as updates as long as you stay subscribed.
So, is Elementor much better than the competitors? Well, that depends on how we look at it.
Even though the market of page builders has actually expanded a whole lot for many years, both main rivals of Elementor’s are still the exact same– those are Beaver Home Builder as well as Divi Home Builder. Therefore, for many individuals, selecting a web page building contractor boils down to choosing in between Elementor, Beaver and also Divi.
- Free– $0, however very restricted
- Build as well as organize a site– $89/year. Perfect if you intend to hold a site besides just creating it.
- Crucial– $49/year. A good option to make a single site.
- Specialist- $199/year. Ideal for developing as much as 25 sites
- Studio– $499/year as well as works well for 100 sites
- Firm– $999/year for 1000 websites.
Pros of Elementor:
+ It’s totally free. And also most new websites will not need to update to Pro.
+ It has a phenomenal variety of functions and also is easy to use.
+ Again, the series of features that are readily available free of cost is more than outstanding. I feel I should consist of that on the checklist two times.
+ It allows you to build custom web page designs and also designs that might not be available in your present theme and doesn’t require any kind of HTML, CSS or PHP abilities.
+ Features such as inline text editing as well as real-time sneak peeks give you a real ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ editing user interface.
+ The capability to adjust your desktop, tablet and also mobile views separately.
+ There are extremely thorough settings for every one of the alignments, margins and also padding worths. Essentially absolutely nothing is outside your control.
Disadvantages of Elementor:
– Adding custom designing to links does not always go as planned. You might be stuck with Elementor’s default typography and also color settings, which may not be what you want.
– If something is misaligned on the page, it’s commonly hard to locate the precise margin value that’s the culprit. As an example, you may have a main block, a column inside it, and then a web content element inside that. Each of them has its very own margin settings.