Elementor is a drag-and-drop page builder plugin for WordPress. This means a couple of things:
– Elementor allows you develop original-looking posts and web pages that are one-of-a-kind, compared to the typical post/page design templates that feature your WordPress style.
– You obtain a 100% different user interface to work with your posts as well as web pages– the bulk of your work doesn’t occur in the typical block editor that features WordPress.
– It doesn’t need any type of HTML/CSS/PHP/ coding skills– whatever can be done with a handy user-facing user interface.
– It services the front end of your internet site, meaning it reveals you the end results of your work right away in a real ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ fashion.
– You can use it to develop any kind of material format or web page layout you can visualize– regardless of what your present WordPress style enables you to do.
– As well as, most importantly, it works with all WordPress themes, so you can maintain your current style and also still obtain every one of the rewards Elementor comes with.
Placing all of it together, the primary benefit of using Elementor is that you can develop remarkable page layouts/designs, even if you’re not a specialist nor have any type of experience with website building.
This is especially vital if you’re on a tight spending plan and also do not intend to hire any individual to help you with the website.
That do it yourself concept seems to resonate with customers a great deal. At the time of composing, more than three million(!) WordPress web sites had actually Elementor installed and active. That’s a staggering number, and it simply goes to show that Elementor has actually really taken the web by storm.
Let’s have a look into several of one of the most interesting functions of Elementor’s, one at a time:
Features and also Advantages
First, there’s the major page building functionality itself. We’re mosting likely to speak about that in a minute.
There are more than 90 material elements/modules to select from– photos, headings, switches, slide carousels, counters, development bars, reviews as well as even more.
Many things deal with drag-and-drop– you can take any element and also move it to a brand-new area simply by dragging it across the screen.
The web pages are all mobile-responsive and also SEO-friendly.
There’s a library of pre-made page design templates that can be imported as well as customized. At the time of creating, there were 150-plus free and also 300-plus professional templates available. Furthermore, you can save your very own themes.
If you get on the Pro version of Elementor, you can utilize the Style Builder feature, which permits you to modify your style’s core components, such as the header, footer, single article layout, or your blog site archives.
Finally, there’s likewise an entirely brand-new WooCommerce Home builder component. It’s similar to Style Builder, however this allows you to renovate every one of your default WooCommerce web pages, such as your single product page or item archive.
As I discussed previously, the core capability of the plugin is to permit you to develop, tweak as well as change your pages openly– and then see the outcome of that in real-time.
That online preview function implies you don’t need to question what your page is going to appear like when released (which is the typical scenario with native WordPress pages that are very theme-dependent).
So, what can you do specifically? First, Elementor allows you to make use of many material elements/modules (more than 90 of them), which you can place anywhere on the web page. You can after that reposition those elements with the aforementioned drag-and-drop assistance.
The offered content components consist of headlines, images, message paragraphs, video clips, switches, divider panels, spacers, icons, photo galleries and also slide carousels, counters, reviews, social media symbols, shortcodes, as well as a great deal more. Also, you reach make use of whatever widgets you already carry your WordPress website.
In addition to that, Elementor offers you access to show settings. This is where you can change the backgrounds, margins as well as cushioning worths, default shades, fonts, and so forth.
On top of that, there’s a complete revision history, meaning you can return to a previous variation of the page (in case you messed something up and also do not know just how to fix it).
Last, however certainly not the very least, Elementor gives you full control over what your page resembles on desktop, tablet computer and also mobile.
Using those small toggles, you can switch back and forth between tools, and also adjust the great information to make the page appearance great all over.
It’s totally free.
Okay, to keep this Elementor evaluation factual, I should probably state there’s a Pro version offered too. However you do not truly need it to take pleasure in, state, 90% of Elementor’s awesomeness– truthfully!
The major plugin is available via the main WordPress repository (get it below). There are no hidden expenses or signups/registrations needed. It simply functions!
Currently, about that Pro edition. Approved, it does feature some fascinating things that power customers will enjoy:
50- plus extra material elements/modules.
300- plus additional web page templates.
Theme Building contractor (the module where you can alter the headers as well as footers of your existing style).
WooCommerce Building contractor (the module that permits you do reconstruct your WooCommerce product web pages).
Popup Home builder (a module where you can build pop-ups and have them incorporated with either an opt-in kind or some unique offer/discount).
Visual Form Home builder (includes integrations with popular marketing tools).
You can develop International Widgets and afterwards recycle them throughout the website.
Include custom-made CSS to any type of Elementor block.
Deploy Elementor elements in sidebars and also widgets.
Here’s the present pricing of Elementor Pro:
This is a yearly registration, so you additionally obtain 24/7 support as well as updates as long as you stay subscribed.
So, is Elementor better than the competition? Well, that depends upon just how we consider it.
Although the market of web page home builders has grown a whole lot over the years, both major rivals of Elementor’s are still the very same– those are Beaver Builder as well as Divi Home Builder. Therefore, for lots of people, picking a web page building contractor comes down to choosing between Elementor, Beaver and also Divi.
- Free– $0, but highly limited
- Construct as well as host a website– $89/year. Ideal if you intend to organize a site besides simply developing it.
- Essential– $49/year. A good choice to develop a single internet site.
- Professional- $199/year. Ideal for making up to 25 websites
- Studio– $499/year as well as works well for 100 websites
- Agency– $999/year for 1000 sites.
Pros of Elementor:
+ It’s complimentary. As well as a lot of new internet sites won’t require to update to Pro.
+ It has an exceptional series of functions and is easy to use.
+ Once again, the series of features that are offered free of charge is more than excellent. I feel I should include that on the listing twice.
+ It permits you to develop custom web page layouts and designs that may not be readily available in your current style as well as does not need any kind of HTML, CSS or PHP skills.
+ Functions such as inline text editing as well as real-time sneak peeks provide you a true ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ editing and enhancing interface.
+ The ability to adjust your desktop computer, tablet and also mobile sights independently.
+ There are very detailed settings for all of the alignments, margins and extra padding worths. Actually absolutely nothing is outdoors your control.
Cons of Elementor:
– Adding custom-made styling to web links does not constantly go as prepared. You might be stuck to Elementor’s default typography and also color setups, which may not be what you want.
– If something is misaligned on the web page, it’s frequently hard to situate the precise margin value that’s the perpetrator. As an example, you might have a primary block, a column inside it, and then a content component inside that. Each of them has its own margin settings.