Elementor is a drag-and-drop web page builder plugin for WordPress. This suggests a couple of points:
– Elementor allows you produce original-looking posts as well as web pages that are special, compared with the typical post/page themes that feature your WordPress style.
– You get a 100% different interface to work with your blog posts and web pages– the bulk of your work doesn’t occur in the common block editor that features WordPress.
– It does not need any HTML/CSS/PHP/ coding abilities– everything can be done through an useful user-facing user interface.
– It deals with the front end of your web site, meaning it shows you the end results of your job right now in a real ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ way.
– You can use it to develop any type of content design or web page format you can think of– no matter what your existing WordPress theme enables you to do.
– And also, most significantly, it collaborates with all WordPress themes, so you can maintain your current design and still get every one of the goodies Elementor features.
Placing all of it together, the major benefit of using Elementor is that you can develop impressive page layouts/designs, even if you’re not a professional nor have any experience with site structure.
This is specifically important if you’re on a limited budget as well as do not wish to hire any individual to help you with the site.
That DIY principle seems to reverberate with individuals a whole lot. At the time of writing, greater than three million(!) WordPress sites had Elementor mounted and also energetic. That’s an incredible number, as well as it simply mosts likely to show that Elementor has actually genuinely taken the web by storm.
Allow’s look right into a few of one of the most interesting attributes of Elementor’s, individually:
Functions as well as Benefits
First, there’s the main page building functionality itself. We’re mosting likely to discuss that soon.
There are more than 90 content elements/modules to choose from– photos, headings, buttons, carousels, counters, progression bars, endorsements as well as even more.
Many points deal with drag-and-drop– you can take any kind of element and move it to a brand-new spot just by dragging it throughout the screen.
The pages are all mobile-responsive and SEO-friendly.
There’s a collection of pre-made web page themes that can be imported and also modified. At the time of creating, there were 150-plus free and also 300-plus professional design templates offered. In addition, you can conserve your very own templates.
If you’re on the Pro version of Elementor, you can use the Style Contractor feature, which enables you to modify your style’s core components, such as the header, footer, single article design template, or your blog site archives.
Finally, there’s also an entirely brand-new WooCommerce Contractor component. It resembles Motif Home builder, yet this permits you to redesign every one of your default WooCommerce web pages, such as your single item page or item archive.
As I mentioned earlier, the core performance of the plugin is to enable you to develop, fine-tune as well as adjust your pages freely– and afterwards see the result of that in real-time.
That online preview attribute suggests you don’t need to question what your web page is mosting likely to look like when published (which is the standard circumstance with indigenous WordPress pages that are extremely theme-dependent).
So, what can you do exactly? Initially, Elementor enables you to make the most of lots of material elements/modules (more than 90 of them), which you can place anywhere on the page. You can after that rearrange those elements with the abovementioned drag-and-drop assistance.
The available web content elements consist of headlines, photos, text paragraphs, videos, switches, dividers, spacers, symbols, photo galleries as well as carousels, counters, testimonies, social networks symbols, shortcodes, and also a great deal more. Additionally, you reach make use of whatever widgets you already carry your WordPress website.
Besides that, Elementor gives you access to display settings. This is where you can alter the histories, margins and padding values, default shades, font styles, and so forth.
On top of that, there’s a complete revision history, implying you can go back to a previous variation of the web page (in case you messed something up and don’t understand just how to fix it).
Last, yet certainly not least, Elementor gives you complete control over what your web page appears like on desktop computer, tablet and also mobile.
Making use of those small toggles, you can change backward and forward in between tools, and also change the fine details to make the web page look wonderful anywhere.
It’s totally free.
Okay, to keep this Elementor testimonial valid, I ought to probably discuss there’s a Pro edition offered too. However you don’t really need it to enjoy, state, 90% of Elementor’s awesomeness– truthfully!
The primary plugin is available through the official WordPress repository (get it here). There are no concealed prices or signups/registrations required. It simply functions!
Now, regarding that Pro edition. Approved, it does feature some fascinating things that power customers will certainly appreciate:
50- plus extra web content elements/modules.
300- plus extra page design templates.
Motif Building contractor (the module where you can alter the headers and also footers of your existing motif).
WooCommerce Builder (the module that permits you do rebuild your WooCommerce item web pages).
Popup Builder (a module where you can develop pop-ups as well as have them incorporated with either an opt-in form or some unique offer/discount).
Visual Kind Builder (comes with integrations with prominent advertising and marketing tools).
You can create International Widgets and after that recycle them throughout the website.
Add customized CSS to any type of Elementor block.
Deploy Elementor components in sidebars as well as widgets.
Right here’s the current prices of Elementor Pro:
This is an annual subscription, so you likewise obtain 24/7 support and updates as long as you remain subscribed.
So, is Elementor better than the competition? Well, that relies on how we take a look at it.
Despite the fact that the marketplace of page home builders has actually grown a lot over the years, both major rivals of Elementor’s are still the very same– those are Beaver Builder and also Divi Contractor. Hence, for lots of people, picking a page builder comes down to making a decision in between Elementor, Beaver as well as Divi.
- Free– $0, but highly restricted
- Construct and organize a website– $89/year. Ideal if you want to organize a website besides just producing it.
- Essential– $49/year. An excellent selection to design a solitary web site.
- Specialist- $199/year. Ideal for designing approximately 25 sites
- Studio– $499/year and also works well for 100 websites
- Agency– $999/year for 1000 web sites.
Pros of Elementor:
+ It’s cost-free. And also the majority of brand-new websites will not need to upgrade to Pro.
+ It has an extraordinary range of attributes and is easy to use.
+ Again, the range of features that are available completely free is more than remarkable. I feel I should consist of that on the list twice.
+ It permits you to build custom web page designs as well as styles that may not be readily available in your present theme and doesn’t require any type of HTML, CSS or PHP skills.
+ Functions such as inline text editing and also real-time previews provide you a real ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ modifying interface.
+ The ability to readjust your desktop computer, tablet and also mobile views separately.
+ There are very thorough setups for every one of the alignments, margins and also padding values. Essentially nothing is outside your control.
Disadvantages of Elementor:
– Including custom styling to web links doesn’t constantly go as intended. You may be stuck with Elementor’s default typography and also shade setups, which might not be what you want.
– If something is misaligned on the web page, it’s commonly hard to situate the exact margin worth that’s the perpetrator. For instance, you may have a main block, a column inside it, and afterwards a content element inside that. Each of them has its very own margin setups.