Elementor is a drag-and-drop page builder plugin for WordPress. This means a couple of points:
– Elementor lets you produce original-looking articles as well as pages that are unique, compared to the typical post/page layouts that include your WordPress theme.
– You get a 100% separate user interface to work with your articles and pages– the bulk of your work doesn’t occur in the conventional block editor that features WordPress.
– It doesn’t call for any type of HTML/CSS/PHP/ coding skills– every little thing can be done through an useful user-facing interface.
– It works on the front end of your web site, meaning it reveals you the results of your work as soon as possible in an authentic ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ manner.
– You can use it to produce any type of content layout or page format you can envision– despite what your existing WordPress theme allows you to do.
– And, most notably, it collaborates with all WordPress motifs, so you can maintain your current layout and also still obtain every one of the rewards Elementor includes.
Placing everything with each other, the main benefit of using Elementor is that you can produce outstanding page layouts/designs, even if you’re not a specialist neither have any kind of experience with website structure.
This is especially essential if you get on a limited budget as well as do not intend to hire anybody to assist you with the website.
That do it yourself concept seems to reverberate with customers a whole lot. At the time of composing, greater than three million(!) WordPress sites had actually Elementor set up and also active. That’s an astonishing number, and also it just goes to show that Elementor has actually absolutely taken the web by tornado.
Let’s take a look right into some of one of the most intriguing functions of Elementor’s, one by one:
Functions as well as Advantages
First, there’s the main web page building performance itself. We’re mosting likely to discuss that in a minute.
There are more than 90 web content elements/modules to select from– photos, headings, switches, slide carousels, counters, progress bars, testimonials and even more.
Most things work with drag-and-drop– you can take any kind of component and relocate to a new spot simply by dragging it across the display.
The web pages are all mobile-responsive and also SEO-friendly.
There’s a library of pre-made web page design templates that can be imported and customized. At the time of creating, there were 150-plus free and 300-plus professional design templates available. In addition, you can conserve your very own templates.
If you get on the Pro version of Elementor, you can use the Theme Builder feature, which enables you to customize your theme’s core components, such as the header, footer, solitary blog post layout, or your blog site archives.
Finally, there’s additionally a totally brand-new WooCommerce Builder module. It resembles Theme Contractor, yet this enables you to remodel all of your default WooCommerce pages, such as your solitary item web page or product archive.
As I mentioned previously, the core performance of the plugin is to enable you to build, modify as well as change your pages openly– and afterwards see the end result of that in real-time.
That live preview feature indicates you don’t need to question what your web page is going to appear like when published (which is the typical circumstance with indigenous WordPress web pages that are highly theme-dependent).
So, what can you do specifically? First, Elementor enables you to take advantage of several content elements/modules (greater than 90 of them), which you can position anywhere on the page. You can then reposition those aspects with the aforementioned drag-and-drop support.
The available material aspects consist of headlines, photos, text paragraphs, video clips, buttons, divider panels, spacers, symbols, photo galleries and slide carousels, counters, reviews, social media symbols, shortcodes, as well as a great deal much more. Additionally, you get to make use of whatever widgets you currently have on your WordPress website.
In addition to that, Elementor offers you accessibility to show settings. This is where you can alter the histories, margins and cushioning values, default colors, typefaces, and so on.
In addition to that, there’s a full modification background, suggesting you can change to a previous version of the web page (in case you messed something up and don’t recognize just how to fix it).
Last, yet absolutely not least, Elementor offers you full control over what your web page appears like on desktop computer, tablet and also mobile.
Making use of those little toggles, you can change to and fro between tools, and adjust the great details to make the page look wonderful almost everywhere.
Okay, to keep this Elementor evaluation accurate, I must most likely mention there’s a Pro version available also. Yet you don’t actually need it to take pleasure in, say, 90% of Elementor’s awesomeness– truthfully!
The main plugin is available via the main WordPress repository (get it here). There are no concealed expenses or signups/registrations required. It simply functions!
Now, concerning that Pro version. Granted, it does feature some intriguing stuff that power individuals will certainly take pleasure in:
50- plus additional content elements/modules.
300- plus additional web page themes.
Style Builder (the module where you can change the headers as well as footers of your current motif).
WooCommerce Builder (the component that permits you do rebuild your WooCommerce item web pages).
Popup Home builder (a module where you can build pop-ups and have them integrated with either an opt-in type or some special offer/discount).
Aesthetic Kind Building contractor (comes with combinations with preferred advertising and marketing tools).
You can develop International Widgets and afterwards reuse them throughout the website.
Add custom-made CSS to any type of Elementor block.
Deploy Elementor elements in sidebars and widgets.
Below’s the existing rates of Elementor Pro:
This is an annual membership, so you also get 24/7 support and updates as long as you stay subscribed.
So, is Elementor better than the competition? Well, that relies on how we look at it.
Even though the market of web page builders has actually grown a lot for many years, both major competitors of Elementor’s are still the exact same– those are Beaver Building Contractor as well as Divi Contractor. Therefore, for many people, selecting a page home builder boils down to deciding in between Elementor, Beaver and Divi.
- Free– $0, however extremely restricted
- Develop and also hold a site– $89/year. Suitable if you intend to host a site besides just producing it.
- Important– $49/year. A good selection to develop a solitary web site.
- Expert- $199/year. Perfect for designing up to 25 websites
- Workshop– $499/year and works well for 100 sites
- Company– $999/year for 1000 internet sites.
Pros of Elementor:
+ It’s totally free. And most new websites won’t need to update to Pro.
+ It has a remarkable range of functions and is easy to use.
+ Once more, the variety of attributes that are available for free is more than excellent. I feel I must consist of that on the listing twice.
+ It allows you to develop custom web page designs as well as layouts that may not be available in your current theme as well as does not need any HTML, CSS or PHP abilities.
+ Features such as inline text editing as well as real-time sneak peeks give you a real ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ editing and enhancing interface.
+ The capacity to adjust your desktop computer, tablet computer as well as mobile sights independently.
+ There are really thorough settings for all of the alignments, margins as well as padding values. Literally nothing is outdoors your control.
Disadvantages of Elementor:
– Adding personalized styling to links does not constantly go as planned. You may be stuck with Elementor’s default typography as well as shade settings, which may not be what you desire.
– If something is misaligned on the web page, it’s typically difficult to locate the exact margin worth that’s the culprit. As an example, you might have a primary block, a column inside it, and after that a web content element inside that. Each of them has its very own margin settings.