Elementor is a drag-and-drop web page builder plugin for WordPress. This implies a couple of points:
– Elementor allows you produce original-looking blog posts as well as web pages that are distinct, compared to the common post/page design templates that include your WordPress motif.
– You obtain a 100% separate interface to deal with your blog posts as well as pages– the mass of your work does not occur in the standard block editor that comes with WordPress.
– It doesn’t call for any kind of HTML/CSS/PHP/ coding abilities– everything can be done through a convenient user-facing user interface.
– It works on the front end of your internet site, implying it reveals you the results of your job today in a real ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ way.
– You can use it to create any material format or web page design you can imagine– regardless of what your current WordPress theme permits you to do.
– And, most importantly, it deals with all WordPress motifs, so you can keep your existing design as well as still get all of the goodies Elementor includes.
Putting everything with each other, the major benefit of using Elementor is that you can create excellent page layouts/designs, even if you’re not a professional nor have any kind of experience with website building.
This is especially important if you get on a limited budget plan and don’t wish to hire any individual to assist you with the website.
That do it yourself concept seems to resonate with individuals a lot. At the time of creating, more than 3 million(!) WordPress websites had actually Elementor installed and also active. That’s an incredible number, and it simply goes to show that Elementor has actually absolutely taken the internet by tornado.
Let’s take a look into some of the most interesting functions of Elementor’s, one by one:
Functions and Benefits
First, there’s the major page building functionality itself. We’re going to talk about that in a minute.
There are more than 90 content elements/modules to choose from– photos, headings, switches, slide carousels, counters, progress bars, reviews as well as more.
Most things deal with drag-and-drop– you can take any type of aspect and also move it to a new spot simply by dragging it throughout the display.
The web pages are all mobile-responsive as well as SEO-friendly.
There’s a collection of pre-made web page layouts that can be imported and also customized. At the time of writing, there were 150-plus free as well as 300-plus pro themes readily available. In addition, you can save your own design templates.
If you’re on the Pro version of Elementor, you can make use of the Theme Building contractor feature, which enables you to customize your motif’s core aspects, such as the header, footer, solitary post template, or your blog archives.
Lastly, there’s additionally an entirely new WooCommerce Building contractor component. It resembles Motif Home builder, however this set allows you to redo all of your default WooCommerce web pages, such as your single product page or product archive.
As I discussed earlier, the core performance of the plugin is to permit you to build, fine-tune as well as readjust your pages freely– and after that see the outcome of that in real-time.
That real-time sneak peek function suggests you do not need to wonder what your page is going to resemble when released (which is the conventional situation with native WordPress web pages that are extremely theme-dependent).
So, what can you do specifically? Initially, Elementor allows you to benefit from numerous content elements/modules (greater than 90 of them), which you can put anywhere on the page. You can then reposition those components with the abovementioned drag-and-drop support.
The offered web content elements consist of headings, pictures, text paragraphs, videos, buttons, divider panels, spacers, icons, picture galleries and also carousels, counters, testimonials, social media sites symbols, shortcodes, as well as a lot a lot more. Likewise, you reach make use of whatever widgets you already have on your WordPress website.
Besides that, Elementor gives you access to display settings. This is where you can transform the histories, margins and cushioning values, default colors, font styles, and more.
In addition to that, there’s a full revision history, implying you can go back to a previous version of the page (in case you messed something up and don’t know just how to fix it).
Last, yet certainly not least, Elementor offers you full control over what your page looks like on desktop computer, tablet computer and mobile.
Making use of those small toggles, you can switch over back and forth in between devices, and also change the great details to make the page look terrific all over.
Okay, to keep this Elementor testimonial accurate, I ought to probably point out there’s a Pro version available too. Yet you don’t truly require it to appreciate, claim, 90% of Elementor’s awesomeness– truthfully!
The primary plugin is readily available using the main WordPress repository (get it here). There are no covert expenses or signups/registrations needed. It just functions!
Currently, regarding that Pro version. Granted, it does feature some intriguing stuff that power customers will certainly take pleasure in:
50- plus extra content elements/modules.
300- plus extra page templates.
Style Home builder (the module where you can transform the headers and footers of your current motif).
WooCommerce Contractor (the module that allows you do reconstruct your WooCommerce product web pages).
Popup Contractor (a module where you can develop pop-ups as well as have them incorporated with either an opt-in kind or some special offer/discount).
Visual Kind Builder (includes integrations with prominent advertising tools).
You can develop Global Widgets and then recycle them throughout the site.
Add customized CSS to any Elementor block.
Deploy Elementor components in sidebars as well as widgets.
Below’s the current pricing of Elementor Pro:
This is a yearly registration, so you also obtain 24/7 assistance as well as updates as long as you stay subscribed.
So, is Elementor far better than the competition? Well, that depends on how we consider it.
Despite the fact that the marketplace of web page building contractors has expanded a whole lot throughout the years, both primary competitors of Elementor’s are still the exact same– those are Beaver Building Contractor as well as Divi Home Builder. Hence, for many individuals, selecting a web page contractor boils down to determining between Elementor, Beaver and Divi.
- Free– $0, yet highly restricted
- Build and host a site– $89/year. Perfect if you want to hold a website besides just creating it.
- Necessary– $49/year. A great option to develop a single website.
- Professional- $199/year. Ideal for creating approximately 25 websites
- Studio– $499/year as well as functions well for 100 web sites
- Agency– $999/year for 1000 sites.
Pros of Elementor:
+ It’s totally free. And also the majority of brand-new websites won’t need to upgrade to Pro.
+ It has an extraordinary variety of functions and also is easy to use.
+ Again, the variety of features that are readily available for free is more than excellent. I feel I ought to include that on the list two times.
+ It permits you to build personalized web page layouts and also designs that might not be available in your existing style and doesn’t need any type of HTML, CSS or PHP skills.
+ Features such as inline text editing and also real-time sneak peeks offer you a real ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ editing interface.
+ The ability to readjust your desktop computer, tablet and mobile sights separately.
+ There are really thorough setups for all of the placements, margins and also padding worths. Actually absolutely nothing is outside your control.
Disadvantages of Elementor:
– Adding custom styling to links does not constantly go as prepared. You may be stuck to Elementor’s default typography as well as color settings, which might not be what you want.
– If something is misaligned on the page, it’s frequently difficult to situate the precise margin value that’s the wrongdoer. As an example, you might have a primary block, a column inside it, and afterwards a material aspect inside that. Each of them has its very own margin setups.