Elementor is a drag-and-drop page home builder plugin for WordPress. This means a couple of things:
– Elementor allows you develop original-looking articles and web pages that are distinct, compared with the common post/page templates that come with your WordPress motif.
– You obtain a 100% different interface to deal with your blog posts and also web pages– the mass of your work does not happen in the basic block editor that comes with WordPress.
– It doesn’t need any HTML/CSS/PHP/ coding skills– everything can be done through a helpful user-facing user interface.
– It works on the front end of your website, implying it shows you the results of your job right away in an authentic ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ manner.
– You can use it to create any type of material layout or page format you can visualize– regardless of what your current WordPress style allows you to do.
– And also, most importantly, it deals with all WordPress motifs, so you can maintain your present design and still obtain every one of the goodies Elementor features.
Putting everything with each other, the primary benefit of using Elementor is that you can develop outstanding web page layouts/designs, even if you’re not a specialist neither have any type of experience with website structure.
This is especially essential if you get on a tight spending plan as well as do not wish to hire any individual to assist you with the website.
That DIY concept seems to resonate with individuals a great deal. At the time of creating, more than 3 million(!) WordPress internet sites had Elementor mounted and also active. That’s a shocking number, and also it simply goes to show that Elementor has genuinely taken the internet by storm.
Allow’s take a look into a few of one of the most interesting features of Elementor’s, individually:
Features and also Advantages
First, there’s the primary page building functionality itself. We’re going to discuss that soon.
There are greater than 90 web content elements/modules to pick from– photos, headings, switches, slide carousels, counters, progress bars, endorsements and also more.
Many things work with drag-and-drop– you can take any type of element and also move it to a brand-new spot just by dragging it across the display.
The pages are all mobile-responsive and also SEO-friendly.
There’s a collection of pre-made page layouts that can be imported and customized. At the time of writing, there were 150-plus free and 300-plus professional design templates offered. In addition, you can save your own themes.
If you get on the Pro variation of Elementor, you can utilize the Style Builder function, which enables you to modify your theme’s core components, such as the header, footer, single message template, or your blog archives.
Last but not least, there’s also a totally brand-new WooCommerce Building contractor module. It resembles Motif Building contractor, but this one enables you to redo every one of your default WooCommerce pages, such as your single product web page or item archive.
As I mentioned earlier, the core capability of the plugin is to allow you to construct, tweak as well as change your pages freely– and afterwards see the result of that in real-time.
That live preview attribute suggests you do not need to wonder what your web page is going to look like when released (which is the common scenario with native WordPress pages that are extremely theme-dependent).
So, what can you do precisely? First, Elementor permits you to capitalize on many content elements/modules (greater than 90 of them), which you can put anywhere on the web page. You can then reposition those aspects with the previously mentioned drag-and-drop support.
The offered material aspects include headings, photos, text paragraphs, video clips, buttons, dividers, spacers, icons, picture galleries and also carousels, counters, endorsements, social media symbols, shortcodes, and a lot more. Likewise, you reach utilize whatever widgets you already have on your WordPress site.
Besides that, Elementor gives you accessibility to display setups. This is where you can alter the histories, margins and also extra padding values, default colors, fonts, and so forth.
In addition to that, there’s a complete revision history, indicating you can change to a previous version of the web page (in case you messed something up and don’t understand exactly how to repair it).
Last, but certainly not the very least, Elementor provides you complete control over what your web page appears like on desktop, tablet as well as mobile.
Using those little toggles, you can switch over backward and forward between devices, and also readjust the great details to make the web page look great all over.
Okay, to keep this Elementor review accurate, I ought to probably mention there’s a Pro version available as well. But you don’t actually require it to delight in, state, 90% of Elementor’s awesomeness– truthfully!
The main plugin is available through the official WordPress database (get it right here). There are no covert prices or signups/registrations required. It just works!
Now, about that Pro version. Provided, it does feature some interesting stuff that power users will certainly delight in:
50- plus extra material elements/modules.
300- plus extra web page layouts.
Style Home builder (the component where you can alter the headers and also footers of your existing theme).
WooCommerce Builder (the component that enables you do rebuild your WooCommerce product web pages).
Popup Builder (a module where you can build pop-ups as well as have them incorporated with either an opt-in type or some unique offer/discount).
Aesthetic Kind Contractor (includes integrations with popular advertising tools).
You can produce International Widgets and after that recycle them throughout the website.
Add personalized CSS to any kind of Elementor block.
Deploy Elementor aspects in sidebars as well as widgets.
Below’s the current prices of Elementor Pro:
This is a yearly subscription, so you also get 24/7 support and also updates as long as you stay subscribed.
So, is Elementor much better than the competition? Well, that depends upon exactly how we take a look at it.
Despite the fact that the marketplace of page home builders has expanded a lot throughout the years, both major competitors of Elementor’s are still the exact same– those are Beaver Building Contractor and also Divi Building Contractor. Thus, for lots of people, choosing a web page builder comes down to choosing between Elementor, Beaver and also Divi.
- Free– $0, however highly restricted
- Develop as well as hold a website– $89/year. Ideal if you wish to organize a website besides just producing it.
- Important– $49/year. A great selection to create a solitary site.
- Expert- $199/year. Suitable for creating as much as 25 sites
- Studio– $499/year as well as works well for 100 internet sites
- Company– $999/year for 1000 websites.
Pros of Elementor:
+ It’s complimentary. And also many brand-new websites will not need to upgrade to Pro.
+ It has an exceptional variety of features as well as is easy to use.
+ Once more, the variety of attributes that are available completely free is greater than excellent. I feel I should consist of that on the checklist twice.
+ It enables you to develop personalized web page layouts and designs that may not be available in your current motif and doesn’t need any kind of HTML, CSS or PHP skills.
+ Features such as inline text editing and real-time previews give you a true ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ editing and enhancing user interface.
+ The capability to adjust your desktop computer, tablet and mobile views independently.
+ There are very thorough setups for all of the positionings, margins as well as cushioning values. Essentially nothing is outside your control.
Cons of Elementor:
– Adding custom designing to web links does not constantly go as planned. You may be stuck to Elementor’s default typography as well as shade settings, which might not be what you want.
– If something is misaligned on the web page, it’s usually hard to locate the exact margin value that’s the culprit. For example, you might have a primary block, a column inside it, and after that a material aspect inside that. Each of them has its very own margin settings.